Studying abroad is just one of the many ways you can have a Transformational Learning Opportunity at UNF. Ruth Lopez, Director of the International Center, and Kate Learch, Associate Director of the International Business Program, joined us for our live webinar series to talk about how and where you can study abroad at UNF. If you missed the live event, here are some important things to remember.
Why Study Abroad?
- You can go almost anywhere in the world.
- You don’t need a specific major.
- You don’t have to be proficient in another language.
- You won’t delay your graduation.
- You won’t need to spend a fortune!
- You will earn credit towards your degree.
- You can study subjects at partner universities that are not offered on-campus at UNF.
- You can take your knowledge from class and explore it from an international perspective.
- Studying abroad will make you more adaptable, independent and will show your future employers that you are capable of getting along with people from different cultures and aren’t scared to try something new.
- You will expand your global network and meet people from all over the world.
- Your resume will stand out from the rest.
- You’ll make friends from all around the world… which means people and places to visit!
- You’ll broaden your horizons.
- Studying abroad will help deepen your appreciation for your home country, and create appreciation for other cultures.
- You’ll have fun!
Study Abroad Programs:
1. Faculty-Led: This program is led by UNF faculty who come with you on the trip and typically goes for 1-2 weeks. You will get to soar across the country together with your classmates, earn up to 6 credits towards your degree and will only have to pay UNF tuition/fees.
2. Summer Study Abroad: This program may be taught by UNF faculty or international faculty and typically goes for 3-6 weeks. You have the option to either go with classmates or alone on this exciting journey which will also earn you up to 6 credits towards your degree and will only require you to pay UNF tuition/fees.
3. Fall/Spring Semester Exchange: This program is taught by faculty at one of the UNF-partner institutions and typically goes for one semester (4-5 months). You will have the opportunity to travel independently while earning 12 credits towards your degree and will only require you to pay UNF tuition/fees.
4. Double Degree: This program is called the Kedge Program. You spend your freshman and sophomore years at UNF taking all of your general education courses and then spend your junior and senior years studying abroad in France. This exciting opportunity will be taught by UNF and international faculty and will only require you to pay UNF tuition/fees.
Funding Study Abroad:
- Financial aid can be used towards UNF study abroad experiences (Florida Prepaid, Bright Futures, Jacksonville Commitment)
- Student Affairs International Learning Scholarship (SAILS): $1,500 – $2,500
- Coggin College of Business Scholarships (multiple): $500 – $2,000
UNF’s study abroad program is 3x higher than the nation average. Last year there were students who studied abroad in over 36 countries! There are 600 students that go abroad each year.
It doesn’t have to be stressful. And you don’t have to worry about money! We want you to experience the world. If a country you want to visit is not listed as place with a UNF partner institution, we will work with you to make it happen.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the traveling abroad, please e-mail the UNF International Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (904) 620-2657.
To watch the whole webinar, click here and sign up!
*Written by Marlon Petzold.