Jacksonville is home to over eight miles of sandy beaches on the Atlantic Ocean. Did we mention that these beaches are only a short ten-minute drive from the UNF campus? Being that close to the water means you really can catch a wave between classes or get a free lesson from the UNF Surf Team!
The “Beaches” are a hub for shopping, art, music and other community events.
- Jax Beach Art Walk- See dozens of great local artists, hear local musicians perform, and visit the participating businesses
- Great Atlantic Festival– The only oceanfront seafood festival in the Southeast
- Players-By-The-Sea Theatre– A first-class community theater with wonderful productions from drama, comedy, and musicals
- Jacksonville Beach Fishing Pier– Nearly a quarter of a mile long, the pier offers visitors close up views of the Atlantic Ocean
- Acoustic Nights– Come hear local musicians perform popular music solos or play with a small band on the lawn at Bull Memorial Park
- Freebird Live- A two story music venue that showcases a spectrum of national and regional touring artist, as well as, select inspiring local artist
- Beaches Town Center- a wealth of choices to shop, dine, relax and simply enjoy the beautiful courtyards and bricked walkways, outdoor seating and the beautiful ocean breezes.
Your Personal Journey
We’re focused on you. Your personal journey in and out of the classroom is something we care deeply about. UNF fosters not only intellectual growth but also the cultural growth and civic awareness of our students. Simply, our goal is to prepare students for life and help them become significant contributors of their communities.
The Osprey Experience
We want students to feel at home here. UNF offers many ways for Ospreys to get involved in activities that complement the classroom experience. Check out a few and see where you fit in:
- Cheer on your favorite UNF Athletics team and be part of the Osprey Nation
- Satisfy your caffeine craving at our on campus Starbucks
- Get an adrenaline rush by Zip Lining over UNF’s Lake Oneida at night
- Be cultured
- Join a Club (or two or three)
- Join a Fraternity or Sorority
- Embrace the tranquility of our nature trails
- Be a student of the world by studying abroad
Ready to #BeAnOsprey? Apply now
Like our blog? We’re glad you do. Come back often or subscribe to our RSS feed.